The Diversity Committee’s Health Equity Subcommittee aims to identify areas of opportunity to promote health equity across all Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences sites.
Our group has:
- Created, distributed, and analyzed results of a survey assessing provider’s access and comfort level with using interpreter services
- Conducted a landscape assessment to understand patient advisory boards across UCSF in order to inform recommendations for recruiting and sustaining a diverse group of representatives
- Conducted a landscape assessment to consider how psychiatry clinics are screening for experiences of discrimination and police brutality in patients
Our current objectives include:
- Developing a best practices training for how to access and utilize interpreter services
- Present landscape assessment findings to leadership to highlight the importance of establishing a patient advisory board that prioritizes diversity, equity, and inclusion principles across all aspects (e.g., recruiting diverse members, compensating participants, providing childcare/food)