The UCSF Department of Psychiatry is nationally recognized for its many outstanding educational programs in medical school, residency programs and clinical fellowships, research fellowships, and continuing medical education.
Find out more about educational opportunities within our department:
Clinical fellowships and training programs
- Addiction Psychiatry Fellowship Program
- Adult Psychiatry Residency Training Program
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship Program
- Child and Adolescent Services Multicultural Clinical Training Program
- Clinical Psychology Training Program
- Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry Fellowship Program
- Forensic Psychiatry Fellowship Program
- Geriatric Psychiatry Fellowship Program
- HEAL Fellowship in Global Mental Health
- Intensive Practice-Based Training Program in Multicultural Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health
- Public Psychiatry Fellowship Program
Research fellowships and training programs
- Affective Science Predoctoral Training Program
- Clinical Services Research Training Program
- Health Psychology
- Learning for Early Careers in Addiction & Diversity (LEAD) Program
- Postdoctoral Traineeship in Drug Abuse Treatment and Services Research Training Program
- Research Resident Training Program
- VA Advanced Postdoctoral Fellowship in Women's Health
- VA MIRECC Postdoctoral Fellowship in Addiction Research
- VA MIRECC Postdoctoral Fellowship in Dementia Research
- VA MIRECC Postdoctoral Fellowship in PTSD/Trauma Research
- VA Quality Scholars Psychology Advanced Fellowship
If you are interested in teaching at UCSF as a full-time academic faculty member, please visit the UCSF Office of Academic Affairs and Faculty Development & Advancement.
For information about teaching at UCSF as a volunteer clinical professor, visit the UCSF School of Medicine VCP information page.
Current faculty members interested in improving their teaching skills should visit the UCSF Center for Faculty Educators website.