The Department of Psychiatry at the University of California, San Francisco invites applications for a Vice Chair for Strategic Development position concurrent with the Langley Porter Psychiatric Hospital and Clinics (LPPHC) Vice President for Strategic Development. This is a full-time position and will be filled at either the Associate or Full Professor level in the Clinical X series with a start date of January 1, 2020 or thereafter.
- MD or equivalent, ABMS board certified in psychiatry, and licensed to practice medicine in California
- Proven track record in behavioral health strategy and service delivery in the Bay Area
- Experience with child, adolescent, and adult behavioral health program development
- Cultural competence in underserved and culturally diverse patient populations
- Proved track record of academic stature in complex health systems
- Leader for strategic growth and development for the Department of Psychiatry and Langley Porter Psychiatric Hospital and Clinics (LPPHC)
- Partner with UCSF Health Strategy and others to develop relocation plans for LPPHC, and to build inpatient and intensive behavioral health services for children, adolescents, and adults
- Partner with UCSF Health Strategy for other growth opportunities in the Bay Area
- Provide direct patient care
- Educate UCSF health professional trainees on health systems through direct teaching and collaboration with training program directors
- Participate in departmental, university, and public service
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF02630 with a CV, cover letter, and a statement of contributions to diversity.