The Department of Psychiatry is now recruiting for a Junior Specialist. This individual will conduct a research project and research‐related activities in the Weiss Lab. The main project will consist of original research utilizing induced pluripotent stem cells already available in the lab, and will include reading background literature, maintaining and differentiating cell lines, conducting assays, analysis and interpretation of data, and publication and/or presentation of results. The lab member will be expected to participate in weekly lab meetings or journal clubs and attend seminars or other trainings related to the research project. Other general lab duties will include checking lab stocks, maintaining equipment, upholding safety practices and coordinating with EHS, and collaborating with labmates and other colleagues to facilitate additional research in the lab.
- A bachelor’s degree (or equivalent degree) or at least four years of research experience
- Experience with sterile technique or cell culture
- Research experience
- Applicants must possess these qualifications by the time of the appointment
- Ability to work independently
- Good team member
- Strong analytical skills
- Molecular biology techniques, especially Western blotting
- Experience with human cell culture or stem cells
- Background in neurobiology and/or human genetics
If you are interested, please apply online and submit a CV, cover letter, and the names and email addresses of three references who we may contact at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01948.
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and will continue as needed throughout the recruitment period. Salary will be commensurate with the applicants experience and training.