The Department of Psychiatry at the University of California, San Francisco invites applications for full-time BE/BC child and adolescent psychiatrists. Positions will be filled at the Instructor to Full Professor rank in a series commensurate with experience. We are expanding our system of care, and are seeking passionate child and adolescent psychiatrists whose values and clinical practice support our mission to protect and advance the health and well-being of children and to eliminate healthcare disparities through clinical care, teaching and research.
UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland is a tertiary care medical center that will offer the suitable candidate a rare opportunity to work collaboratively with pediatricians and behavioral health clinicians in a variety of settings, including behavioral health integration models within primary care and school-based clinics.
- Physician applicants for the Attending Psychiatrist role must have an MD or equivalent; be board certified/board eligible in Psychiatry and Child and Adolescent Psychiatry; licensed to practice medicine in California at time of appointment; and, have demonstrated clinical and educational experience in child and adolescent psychiatry
- Demonstrated clinical and educational experience, scholarship, and management skills in child and adolescent psychiatric services
- Demonstrated teaching ability
- Demonstrated interest, commitment, and cultural competence in working with culturally diverse patient population
- Provide child and adolescent psychiatric services in one or a combination of units in the UCSF Department of Psychiatry such as:
- Consultation/liaison: This full-time position offers the opportunity to join our multi-disciplinary consultation-liaison team, with ample opportunity for teaching, collaborative care, and systems work, along with consultation to medical teams on complex patients.
- Outpatient: The primary area of clinical practice will be at Benioff Children's Hospital Oakland Department of Psychiatry outpatient psychiatry with a multidisciplinary team of psychiatrists, psychologists and other clinicians, with significant teaching opportunity.
- Serve as a Child and Adolescent Attending Psychiatrist
- Engage in innovation and continual improvements in clinical and educational programs
- Engage in clinical scholarship
- Participate in teaching, supervision and assessment of trainees; collaborate with training program directors in clinical curricular development for medical students, residents, psychology interns, postdoctoral fellows, and/or graduate students in a variety of disciplines
Apply online at aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01916.
Information about child and adolescent services in the UCSF Department of Psychiatry is available at psych.ucsf.edu.