The Department of Psychiatry at the University of California, San Francisco invites applications for a Director of Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry for UCSF Health. This is a full-time position and will be filled at the Associate or Full Professor rank in a series commensurate with experience, with a start date of September 1, 2018 or as negotiated with the department.
- MD or equivalent, ABPN board certified in psychiatry, and licensed to practice medicine in California by the time of appointment
- Board certification in psychosomatic medicine is preferred, although board certification in related subspecialties will be considered
- Experience in developing and providing both conventional psychiatric consultations and direct psychiatric services in collaborative care models or embedded services
- Excellence in clinical curriculum development, direct teaching, and mentoring of trainees in clinical services environments
- Demonstrated leadership experience in clinical systems
- Record of scholarship in education, clinical innovations, or research
- Demonstrated cultural competence in working with underserved and culturally diverse trainee and patient populations
- Manage existing, and develop new, psychiatry consultation and collaborative care models at UCSF Health, a dynamic and complex health delivery system, through the lens of continuous quality improvement processes
- Work with department and UCSF Health leadership to advance integration of mental health and medical care throughout the UCSF Health delivery system
- Provide direct patient care, including clinical consultation, through traditional methods and telepsychiatry
- Educate UCSF health professional trainees through teaching and supervision, and modelling clinical and/or educational scholarship for trainees
- Collaborate with training program directors in psychiatry and other disciplines to develop novel clinical curricula
- Be open to collaborating with faculty on health services research opportunities
- Participate in departmental, university, and/or public service
Apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01452.