The Department of Psychiatry at the University of California, San Francisco invites applications from outstanding established independent clinical investigators who are leaders in the field of mood disorders. This is a full-time position that will be associated with significant resources, in the context of a high priority area for the Department, including an endowment and new clinical and research resources and will be filled at the Associate or Full Professor rank in the In Residence series with a start date in Summer 2018 or thereafter.
- MD, PhD, or equivalent
- Expertise in clinical or translational mood disorders, as evidenced by an established independent research program
- Track record of extramural funding, such as NIH funding
- Track record of collaborative approach to research
- Track record in teaching and mentoring
- Report to the chair of the UCSF Department of Psychiatry
- Build and direct an actively-funded research program in mood disorders
- Contribute to the design of department and UCSF-wide clinical research infrastructure in mood disorders
- Collaborate effectively and develop joint programs with faculty members within the Department of Psychiatry and in other departments such as Pediatrics, Neurology, Basic Neuroscience, and other colleagues at UCSF and UC Berkeley to promote clinical research in mood disorders
- Collaborate effectively with basic, clinical and translational research leaders to promote the evaluation and implementation of new, more effective, evidence-based treatments and clinical interventions
- Optimize faculty development, professionalism, recruitment, advancement, and retention
- Foster and support career development of junior investigators
- Participate in department and university service
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01491.