The 167th Annual Meeting of the American Psychiatric Association (APA) will be held Saturday, May 3 - Wednesday, May 7, 2014 in New York, NY. Numerous current and former UCSF Psychiatry faculty members and trainees will be in attendance, including the following scheduled to contribute at one or more sessions:
Saturday, May 3
- Andrew Booty, MD - Symposium 10: Patient Suicide in Residency Training: The Ripple Effect: "Creating a Resident Symposium Regarding Suicide During Residency Training"
- Uyen-Khanh Quang-Dang, MD, MS (co-chair) - Symposium 10: Patient Suicide in Residency Training: The Ripple Effect
- Uyen-Khanh Quang-Dang, MD, MS (co-chair) - Workshop 14: Media Training 101 for Residents and Early Career Psychiatrists: A Hands-On, Interactive Experience
- Hoyle Leigh, MD (co-chair) - Workshop 15: Psychiatry Training for Primary Care Physicians and the Implementation of the Affordable Care Act: Pragmatic and Conceptual Issues
- Chaun Mei Lee, MA, MD - Poster Session 1: Associations Between Method of Triage and Engagement in Mental Health Care Among Veterans at the San Francisco VA Medical Center
- Thomas Neylan, MD (discussant) - Symposium 12: Validating Biological Markers for PTSD
- Jeffrey Seal, MD - Poster Session 1: Evidence-Based Assessment and Reduction of Violence for Inpatient Psychiatry
- Owen Wolkowitz, MD - Symposium 12: Validating Biological Markers for PTSD: "Metabolism, Inflammation and Cell Aging Markers for PTSD"
Sunday, May 4
- Steven L. Batki, MD (co-chair) - Presidential Symposium 5: Pharmacologic Treatment Dilemmas in Addiction
- James A. Bourgeois, MD, OD - Workshop 64: Comprehensive Care for Patients With Medical and Psychiatric Comorbidity: A New Model of Care and Opportunity for Psychiatrists
- Jeffrey DeVido, MD (co-chair) - Presidential Symposium 5: Pharmacologic Treatment Dilemmas in Addiction
- Steven Frankel, MD (chair) - Workshop 64: Comprehensive Care for Patients With Medical and Psychiatric Comorbidity: A New Model of Care and Opportunity for Psychiatrists
- Dan H. Karasic, MD - Symposium 34: Gender Identity and Gender Dysphoria for the Practicing Psychiatrist: "Expanding Access to Transition-Related Care: Clinical Implications for Psychiatrists"
- Hoyle Leigh, MD - Scientific and Clinical Reports 9: Neuronal Pruning in Adolescence: Do Memes Play a Role?
- Francis Lu, MD - Symposium 38: Quality Improvement Initiatives: International Perspectives: "Patient-Centered and Equitable Health Care as Quality Indicators: Applications for Mental Health"
- Uyen-Khanh Quang-Dang, MD, MS - Workshop 78: Mentors! Find One, Be One
Monday, May 5
- Robert L. Hendren, DO - Poster Session 6: Memantine in Children with Autism: Results From a Two-Part, Open-Label/Double-Blind Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial and an Open-Label Extension
- Bennett L. Leventhal, MD - Presidential Symposium 8: Childhood and Adolescent Psychiatry: The Next Decade: "DSM-5 Autism Spectrum Disorders"
- Francis Lu, MD - Course 21: The DSM-5 Cultural Formulation Interview (CFI) Illustrated: Videotaped Case Vignettes That Show the CFI’s Use in Culturally Appropriate Assessment
- J. Craig Nelson, MD (discussant) - Symposium 61: The NIMH Studies of the Pharmacotherapy of Psychotic Depression II (STOP-PD II): Background and Early Results From "The Sustaining Remission Trial"
Tuesday, May 6
- Laura B. Dunn, MD - Symposium 80: Ethical Issues Surrounding Neurostimulation in Older Adults: "Capacity in DBS Research and Treatment for Patients with Psychiatric Disorders and Symptoms: Conceptual and Empirical Issues"
- Stuart J. Eisendrath, MD (director) - Course 37: Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy for Depression
- Rachel Loewy, PhD - Symposium 90: Novel Therapeutics: "Cognitive Training of Impaired Neural Systems in Psychotic Disorders"
- Lindsey G. Williams, BS - Poster Session 8: Consumer Focus Groups to Improve Metabolic Screening and Treatment of Racial/Ethnic Minorities With Severe Mental Illness in San Francisco County
- Owen Wolkowitz, MD - Symposium 84: Positive Psychiatry and Resilience: "Perceived Stress, Depression, and Telomeres"
Wednesday, May 7
- Ira D. Glick, MD - Kun-Po Soo Award Lecture: The Ascent of Asian Psychiatry Globally
Schedule information provided by the American Psychiatric Association. Presenters and presentations are subject to change without prior notice.