The Department of Psychiatry at the University of California San Francisco invites applications for an Attending Psychiatrist to serve in our Adult Psychiatry Clinic (APC) at Langley Porter Psychiatric Hospital and Clinics. The Adult Psychiatry Clinic includes a variety of Specialty Clinics (half-day clinics that do new patient evaluations and follow up care) and Continuity Clinics (half-day clinics in which residents do both psychotherapy and medication management visits). The position includes attending, teaching and administrative leadership responsibilities in our training clinics. This is an excellent opportunity for a psychiatrist with experience and interests in outpatient clinical care and medical education to develop a career in a leading university setting, with an emphasis on clinical care, teaching, and quality improvement in systems of care. This is a full-time clinical, administrative, and education position, reporting directly to the APC Director (Ellen Haller, MD). The position will be filled in the Health Sciences Clinical series at the Clinical Instructor to Assistant Professor level, with an anticipated start date of July 1, 2015.
- MD or equivalent
- Board certified or eligible in psychiatry
- Licensed to practice medicine in California at the time of the appointment
- Demonstrated record of clinical, educational, and administration skills
- Demonstrated experience in the development and refinement of processes to improve systems of care
- Direct attending and clinical coverage roles including teaching and assessment of trainees; clinical and educational program development; and academic scholarship
- Teach and supervise trainees, including psychiatry residents, medical students, and other trainees in a variety of disciplines
- Assist with quality improvement efforts in clinical and educational systems
- Participate in other program initiatives
- Scholarly work in clinical education and systems areas is encouraged
- This position may also include some participation in an Assessment Clinic component of the APC
Applicants are encouraged to submit their application electronically—including CV, and a statement describing current clinical, teaching, and scholarly activities and philosophy. An educator’s portfolio or up to three representative journal articles or book chapters are not required, but may be included. Applications may be submitted to James Bourgeois, MD, Selection Committee Chair, c/o Nancy Buenaventura at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, the selection committee will begin reviewing applications immediately.