Attending Psychiatrist (Adult Psychiatry Clinic at LPPH&C)
The Department of Psychiatry at UCSF invites applications for a full-time clinical, administrative and teaching position in the Adult Psychiatry Clinic (APC) located at Langley Porter Psychiatric Institute. This position’s responsibilities will include:
- Serving as an attending psychiatrist in multiple half-day APC Continuity Clinics and Specialty Clinics. As an attending, the faculty member will teach and assess trainees, be the attending of record responsible for the trainees’ patient care, and help provide clinical coverage when other attendings are away
- Serving as the “Day OD” on a rotating basis with other faculty based in the APC.
- Participation in educational and clinical program development including collaboration with the medical student education and psychiatry residency leadership
- For two months of the academic year, reducing APC attending duties and spending part-time on the UCSF Health System C/L service providing direct care. (These two months will correspond to a period of time when the C/L service will have a reduced resident complement as a result of restructuring the residency’s clinical curriculum.)
- Development of an area of academic scholarship
- Being an active faculty citizen of the department (i.e. committee participation)
- Independent care of a panel of adult psychiatric patients
Applicants should be BC/BE in psychiatry. Appointment level will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please email letter of interest and CV to Ellen Haller, M.D., Selection Committee Chair, c/o Nancy Buenaventura by February 24, 2014.
UCSF seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. UCSF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. UCSF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.