The Department of Psychiatry at the University of California San Francisco invites applications for an Attending Psychiatrist to serve on our Langley Porter Acute Inpatient Program, a 22-bed acute psychiatric inpatient unit that is a core training site for UCSF psychiatry medical education and residency training. This is an excellent opportunity for a psychiatrist with experience and interests in acute clinical care and medical education to develop a career in a leading university setting, with an emphasis on clinical care, teaching, and quality improvement in systems of care. This full-time clinical, administrative, and education position will be filled in the Health Sciences Clinical series at the Instructor to Associate Professor level, and is open now.
- MD or equivalent
- Board eligible or certified in psychiatry
- Licensed to practice medicine in California at the time of the appointment
- Demonstrated record of clinical, educational, and administration skills
- Demonstrated experience in the development and refinement of processes to improve systems of care
- Provide direct clinical care of adult and geriatric inpatients
- Lead an academically oriented, highly skilled and experienced multidisciplinary patient care team in a university hospital setting
- Teach and supervise trainees, including psychiatry residents, medical students, and other trainees in a variety of disciplines
- Assist with quality improvement efforts in clinical and educational systems
- Participate in other program initiatives
- Scholarly work in clinical education and systems areas is encouraged
- There are opportunities to start and maintain a faculty outpatient practice as part of this job
Applicants are encouraged to submit their application electronically—including CV; three letters of reference; and brief statement describing current clinical, teaching, and scholarly activities, such as educator’s portfolio or up to three representative journal articles or book chapters—to Andrew Booty, MD, Director of Langley Porter Psychiatric Hospital & Clinics Intensive Services, c/o Nancy Buenaventura at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, the selection committee will begin reviewing applications immediately.