Director of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Consultation Liaison Service
The Department of Psychiatry at the University of California, San Francisco invites applications for Director of the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Consultation Liaison Service at UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital and Langley Porter Psychiatric Hospital and Clinics. The program resides in one of the premier academic medical centers in the world, located in a thriving, culturally diverse urban setting. This is a busy clinical and teaching service providing psychiatric consultation to the UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital, UCSF Medical Center inpatient medical/surgical services, Emergency Department, Department of Pediatrics, select outpatient clinics, and expanding clinical services and affiliations. This is a full-time clinician-educator position and will be filled in the Health Sciences Clinical or Clinical X series or series commensurate with experience at the Assistant to Full Professor level, with an anticipated start date of July 1, 2013 or thereafter.
- M.D. or equivalent, be Board certified in Psychiatry, be Board certified or eligible in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, and licensed to practice medicine in California at the time of appointment
- demonstrated clinical and educational experience, clinical health services or educational scholarship, and management and leadership skills in child and adolescent psychiatric consultation services
- demonstrated interest, commitment, and competence in working with culturally diverse patient populations
- demonstrated teaching ability
- administration of the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Consultation Liaison Service, including policy-setting, compliance-management, coordination with other hospital services, and promotion of research
- direct patient care in the consultation and other arenas
- engaging in innovation and continual improvements in clinical and educational programs
- engaging in clinical scholarship
- leadership in teaching, supervision and assessment of trainees
- collaboration with training program directors in clinical curricular development for medical students, residents, psychology interns, postdoctoral fellows, and graduate students in a variety of disciplines.
Applicants are encouraged to submit their application electronically—including CV; Educator’s Portfolio and/or other statement describing current clinical, teaching, and scholarly activities and philosophy; and three letters of reference—to Robert Hendren, D.O., Search Committee Chair, c/o Anne Poirier at email@example.com
. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, the search committee will begin reviewing applications immediately. UCSF seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence. UCSF is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The University undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunity for underrepresented minorities and women, for persons with disabilities, and for covered veterans. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, including minorities and women.