The Department of Psychiatry at the University of California, San Francisco invites applications for a Medical Director of Adult Outpatient Services for Langley Porter Psychiatric Hospital and Clinics (LPPHC). This is a full-time position and will be filled at the Associate or Full Professor level in a faculty series commensurate with experience with a start date of July 1, 2018 or thereafter.
Adult Outpatient Services at LPPHC include specialty clinics, continuity clinics, group therapy services, the Psychiatric Assessment and Brief Intervention Program (PABI), and the Electroconvulsive Therapy Program. Additional information about adult outpatient programs at LPPHC is available at http://psych.ucsf.edu/lpphc/outpatient.
- MD or equivalent, ABPN board certified in psychiatry, and licensed to practice medicine in California
- Experience in developing and providing both adult psychiatric services in complex academic health systems
- Excellence in clinical curriculum development, direct teaching, and mentoring of trainees in clinical services environments
- Established record of educational and/or clinical scholarship
- Demonstrated leadership experience in complex clinical systems
- Demonstrated cultural competence in working with underserved and culturally diverse trainee and patient populations
- Serve as the Medical Director of Adult Outpatient Services at LPPHC
- Responsible for clinical care provided in adult outpatient clinics
- Provide direct patient care, including clinical consultation, through traditional and technology enhanced methods
- Educate UCSF health professional trainees by modelling clinical and/or educational scholarship through teaching, supervision, and assessment
- Collaborate with training program directors in psychiatry and other disciplines to develop novel clinical curricula
- Participate in departmental, university, and/or public service
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF01694.