The Department of Psychiatry at the University of California, San Francisco invites applications for Attending Psychiatrists/Psychologists for Mental Health Services at the San Francisco VA Health Care System. These positions will be filled in a rank and series commensurate with experience, with an anticipated start date of September 1, 2016 or thereafter.
- MD or equivalent, board-certified or board-eligible in psychiatry, and licensed to practice medicine in California at the time of appointment OR PhD in psychology or equivalent, postdoctoral training in psychology or equivalent, and licensed to practice psychology in California at the time of appointment
- Demonstrated clinical, educational, and administrative skills with a strong commitment to an academic career as a clinician-educator
- Demonstrated experience and/or training in the VA Health Care System, working with veteran populations, and understanding and delivering specialized treatment needs
- Demonstrated understanding of the VA Health Care System
- Demonstrated cultural competence in working with underserved and culturally diverse populations
- Perform direct clinical care
- Participate in teaching, supervision and assessment of trainees
- Engage in innovation and continual improvements in clinical and educational programs
- Participate in departmental, university, and public service
Apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF00891.