The Department of Psychiatry at the University of California, San Francisco invites applications for Attending Public Psychiatrists at Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center. We serve as the City and County of San Francisco's safety net public hospital and work predominantly with underserved populations. Openings for psychiatric inpatient, community treatment, and emergency services for both adult and children are often available and will be filled in a rank and series commensurate with experience. A start date of July 1, 2016 or thereafter is anticipated for these positions. Additional details regarding these opportunities are available upon request.
- MD or equivalent; board-certified or board-eligible in psychiatry; and licensed to practice medicine in California at the time of appointment
- Demonstrated clinical, educational, and administrative skills with a strong commitment to an academic career as a clinician-educator
- Demonstrated cultural competence in working with vulnerable and culturally diverse populations
- Clinical research experience preferred
- Perform direct clinical care
- Participate in teaching, supervision and assessment of trainees
- Engage in innovation and continual improvements in clinical and educational programs
- Participate in departmental, university, and public service
Apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF00770.