The Department of Psychiatry at the University of California, San Francisco is recruiting a qualified psychiatrist to serve as clinician-teacher appointed in the Health Sciences Clinical Series at the Instructor to Full Professor level at San Francisco General Hospital, a major teaching hospital of UCSF.
The clinician-teacher role offers the opportunity to participate in teaching, supervision, and development of educational programs for residents, medical students, and other trainees; to provide patient care; to develop a defined area of scholarship and/or clinical research; and to provide individual and group supervision to clinical staff.
The Psychiatric Emergency Service (PES) at SFGH is led by Medical Director Melissa Nau, MD, and is staffed by a talented and collegial group of clinical faculty. Nursing, Social Work, and OT staff contribute to a high-quality, collaborative, and multidisciplinary team. PES is committed to providing outstanding care to a diverse San Francisco patient population, and the staff includes clinicians with experience and expertise in working with patients of diverse cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
The ideal candidate would:
- be ABPN board-certified or board-eligible
- be a graduate of an APA-approved Psychiatry residency program
- possess a current California medical license and DEA certification
- have psychiatric emergency room or inpatient experience
- have an established record of clinical, educational, and leadership skills and a strong commitment to an academic career as a clinician-teacher
- have demonstrated competence in working with underserved and culturally diverse patient populations.
Bilingual abilities or a bicultural background are highly desirable. The incumbent should be able to work a combination of daytime, evening, and night shifts. This is a full-time position with an anticipated start date of July 1, 2015 or thereafter.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, the search committee will begin reviewing applications immediately. Apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/apply/JPF00187.